Thursday, October 22, 2009

One week to go!

Well, the trip is one week away. In seven days we head to China and in nine days we get to finally meet Faith! It's starting to be all I think about and I am very excited to go! At adoration (during Lift) on Tuesday night it was all I could pray about.
I prayed to tell God I was too weak to do this, God assured me He will be the strength.
I prayed to tell God I was not worthy to be chosen to do this, He told me that only through Him can I be worthy.
I prayed to ask God to help me every step of the way, He assured me He would.

After adoration I felt very confident that what we are doing is from God and through God, not ME, there is no ME here, it has to be all God. There is no other way this is possible. God has granted me the peace I need to accomplish this. I trust He will be with me in the plane as I fly to China, I trust he will give me the patience and trust when we finally get to meet Faith. I trust in His love and guidance for the trip ahead.
PEACE!  Kevin G.

2 comments:

  1. We are so excited and happy for you! The wait was indeed long, but so well worth it. We feel like we're reliving our trip and are enjoying living vicariously through you! Not only is God's hand in this, but there is a Chinese legend that those who are destined to meet are bound together by an invisible red thread.

    "An invisible red thread connects those who are destined to meet,
    regardless of time, place, or circumstance.
    The thread may stretch or tangle,
    but it will never break."
    - an ancient Chinese belief

    The hand of God ... the belief from your new daughter's birth country ... you were meant to be a family. People used to tell us how lucky they thought Megan was. In truth, we thought we were the lucky ones to have her. We hope that your beautiful little blessing brings you as much joy and happiness as ours has brought to us! You'll all be in our thoughts and prayers. We're looking forward to reading your blog and finally meeting Faith!
    Love,
    The Rodericks

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Mr. and Mrs. Anonymous :) Very uplifting and just what we needed to here!

    Give Megan a big hug from us!

    ReplyDelete